Hi, are you looking for Clerk – Office – School jobs in Spanaway, WA ?
we got a perfect job opening for you !
Company name : Bethel School District
Location : Spanaway, WA
Position : Clerk – Office – School
THIS POSITION IS FOR 1.25 HOURS PER DAY AT 182 DAYS PER YEAR.
PAY FOR POSITION: PSE Salary Schedule Level 4 – $21.82
Per Governor Inslee’s proclamation, as a condition of employment/upon hire, all employees must be fully vaccinated or request and be approved for a medical/religious exemption/accommodation.
This position’s responsibilities are to provide a variety of office support to an assigned program, including receptionist activities and composing and typing correspondence and reports; record tracking, budget or financial tracking, providing customer service, operating a computer, maintaining knowledge of a variety of program rules and regulations including State reports, producing custom reports, and a variety of other support functions.
Depending upon the individual assignment, the Clerk – Office, School may perform all or a combination of the following:
1. Maintains a variety of program records and research; tracks records for compliance and/or completion; maintains record accuracy; inputs data into computer; produces reports as requested; monitors grant monies. Coordinates and maintains assessment materials, records, schedules, results, and communicates appropriate to assigned program/department.
2. Prepares monthly newsletters, routine forms, memoranda and correspondence; proofreads distributes materials.
3. Answers the telephone and greets office visitors; provides program information and advice to staff members, parents, and professionals. Uses tact and confidentiality in dealing with sensitive matters. Responds to requests; routes callers to appropriate staff members; takes messages. Keeps communication lines open between teachers, staff, supervisors, parents, and the community. Provides a positive, service -oriented working relationship with all communication.
4. Reviews and balances budgets with monthly financial reports including encumbered expenses; monitors receivables for appropriate credit. Makes appropriate coding error changes and postings.
5. Maintains inventory and records.
6. Operates a computer and a variety of software packages such as word processing, spreadsheet, database, desk top publishing, and mainframe computer applications. Provides a variety of routine and custom reports as requested.
7. Maintains current knowledge of program rules, regulations, laws, and procedures; processes a variety of materials for program compliance.
8. Tracks a variety of projects and deadlines; coordinates with others to meet program deadlines. Reports monthly enrollment counts for categorical programs.
9. Provides a variety of clerical support such as typing correspondence, reports, and memoranda; composes correspondence as appropriate; maintains a calendar and makes travel and conference arrangements; creates and maintains files; takes minutes as meetings; prepares agendas; performs a wide variety of office support.
10. May receive, open, date stamp and route incoming mail; may screen mail and take action on appropriate items.
11. Models appropriate and cooperative behavior, including protecting confidential information, consistent with district ethical guidelines.
12. Provides a variety of backup and peak load assistance as requested.
13. May work with auditors and/or program compliance personnel.
14. May purchase refreshments for meetings and conferences; may track refreshment expenses.
15. May serve on various district committees and/or departmental work teams. Models appropriate and cooperative behavior, including protecting confidential information, consistent with district ethical guidelines.
16. Performs related duties consistent with the scope and intent of the position.
Reports to assigned administrator; may receive direction from multiple program personnel.
Required to adapt to shifting priorities; and to frequently re-channel work effort; requires concentration and attention to detail. May occasionally deal with distraught or difficult individuals.
Exposed to visual display terminal for prolonged periods; required to sit for prolonged periods; some positions may require travel to various school sites.
Education and Experience
Education, training, skills, and experience necessary to carry out the assignment, including two (2) years of training in secretarial procedures, involving maintaining detailed records and customer service.
Advanced training in business or secretarial procedures may substitute for up to one (1) year of the required experience on a month-for-month basis; and, such other alternatives to the above qualifications that the district may find appropriate and acceptable.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing. Effective customer service and public relations. Knowledge of office procedures. Knowledge of the VAX system and data interpretation. Knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting procedures. Ability to maintain budget spreadsheets. High-level keyboarding and data entry skills. Skill in operating a variety of office machines. Ability to operate a computer and learn the operation of specific software programs, including database and spreadsheet applications. Skill in correct grammar, spelling and English usage. Ability to perform arithmetic calculations. Ability to compose and format correspondence, reports, graphs, and charts. Ability to set up and maintain accurate files and records. Ability to organize and set priorities for work. Ability to maintain confidentiality. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a diverse group of people.
Requires fingerprinting and background check to determine that there have been no convictions involving physical molestation, abuse, injury or neglect of a minor. Must complete training in and adhere to district infection control plan. Some positions may require valid Washington state driver’s license to travel between school sites and a good driving record.
Secretarial/Clerical Non-Discrimination Policy
Disclaimer : all data is sourced from indeed and we are not responsible for any error