Hi, are you looking for Hospice Nurse (RN Case Manager)- Voted top place to work of 2022! jobs in Matawan, NJ ?
we got a perfect job opening for you !
Company name : Vitality Hospice and Palliative Care
Location : Matawan, NJ
Position : Hospice Nurse (RN Case Manager)- Voted top place to work of 2022!
JOIN OUR TEAM TODAY!
7 paid holidays! 6 holidays and 1 floating holiday!
$1,000 sign on bonus!
Tap check- advance pay! (Same day pay available with tap check)
Mileage Reimbursement- Highest in the area!
Monday- Friday day shift
Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
Monthly Staff Appreciation
Friendly Work Environment
Unlimited Employee Referral Bonuses
We are looking for dedicated, compassionate team members to join our family! At Vitality Hospice we believe our patients and our hospice team members come first. Celebrating life is our mission, we do that through creating meaningful moments with patients and team members. We Celebrate Birthdays, Recognize our Peers through Positive Accolades, Raffle Gifts Monthly, and Offer Unsolicited Incentives If you are looking to make an impact in the lives of patients and families and want to work in an environment where your opinion matters, we are the place for you!
TITLE: RN (Registered Nurse)
REPORTS TO: Administrator and/or Clinical Director FLSA: Exempt
Provide skilled nursing care to patient/family/caregivers as prescribed by the physician and in compliance with regulations by the State Board of Registered Nursing, Laws/regulations, and Company policies.Oversee and provide hospice care, including all clinical care, symptom control and identify other physical, psychological, social and spiritual needs for assigned patients. Regularly assess the patient for nursing needs. Implement the Plan of Care to meet patient/car needs, initiate appropriate intervention and support for the patient and family upon admission and re-evaluate the patient’s nursing needs to provide appropriate, comprehensive and responsive care plan interventions. Work closely with other members of the interdisciplinary team to ensure all patient and family care needs are being met. Adhere to Company policies and procedures and regulatory compliance requirements and directives. Manage related expenditures in a fiscally responsible manner in accordance with the Company’s budget. Travel as necessary.
A Registered professional nurse with clinical skills, employed by the Hospice for the purpose of enhancing the quality of care for a select group of terminally ill patients. Work in collaboration with theClinical Director or Desginee and the Interdisciplinary Team in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of medical and nursing care. Act as a role model providing leadership and support to the hospice staff. Adhere to Company policies and procedures and regulatory compliance requirements and directives. Manage related expenditures in a fiscally responsible manner in accordance with theCompany’s budgets. Travel as necessary.
1. Minimum age requirement of 18.2. Registered Nurse licensed in the state program is located.3. Bachelor’s degree and C.H.P.N. (Certified Hospice and Palliative Nurse) certification preferred.4. Minimum of one-year general nursing preferred with current Hospice, home health, medical, surgical or critical care experience. Experience with pain and symptom management interventions preferred.5. Ability to work within an interdisciplinary setting.6. Understanding of Hospice philosophy, principles of death/dying.7. Compliance with accepted professional standards and practices.8. Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation that is insured in accordance with state and/or Vitality requirements.9. Satisfactory references from employers and/or professional peers.10. Satisfactory criminal background check.11. Physical exam in accordance with state law requirements.12. Has presented a pre-employment physician’s health certification including a negative TB skin test, and/or CXR, proof of MMR vaccination or immunity, and other tests as required by Vitality’s policy and/ or state law.
13. Demonstrate excellent observation, assessment, nursing judgment and communication skills. Ability to provide accurate written documentation in a timely manner.
14. Self-directed with the ability to work with little supervision.15. Flexible and cooperative in fulfilling all obligations.
I. Nursing Process
As a member of the Interdisciplinary team, the Registered Nurse utilizes the nursing process to contribute to each patient’s total plan of care.
A. Assessing and Planning 1. Seek and obtain sufficient information necessary to function effectively in the Hospice setting where the patient/family/caregiver are requiring care.2. Conduct initial nursing assessment, including physical and psychosocial aspects, of patient/family/caregiver in a thorough, accurate, compassionate and timely fashion.3. Provide leadership and guidance to the Interdisciplinary Team in formulating and individualizing interdisciplinary plan of care to include problem identification, interventions and goals to address palliative measures for the terminally ill patient/family/caregiver.
4. Contribute to identifying both active and potential needs of the patient and his/her family, which may affect the plan of care.
5. Consistently collaborate with the physician to plan and implement the medical and nursing plan of care.
6. Review the comprehensive interdisciplinary plan of care with the IDG Team. Communicate in writing in the chart and verbally with the IDG to coordinate interventions and ensure continuity of care.
7. Facilitate and participate in the IDG care conference and contribute to patient care planning.
B. Implementing and Evaluating 1. Facilitate the implementation of nursing interventions and appropriate preventative and therapeutic nursing procedures. Provide direct patient care as necessary.2. Collaborate with Interdisciplinary Team members to provide continuous assessment of assigned patients, interprets finding, initiates appropriate therapeutic actions, and evaluates the results of these actions.
3. Accepts responsibility of assignment to perform a specialized procedure only when qualified with specialty training, proven competency, clinical background, and expertise in the specialty area.
4. Work in cooperation with family/caregiver and interdisciplinary team members to meet the emotional needs of the patient/family/caregiver.
5. Provides appropriate information and explanation to the patient’s families. Facilitates patient and family education, to promote continuity of care and optimal patient/family outcome for a quality death as defined by the patient/family/caregiver.
6. Demonstrates expertise in the utilization of all Interdisciplinary Team members, including volunteers and community resources.
7. Assists in the investigation and resolution of quality issues in conjunction with the ContinuousQuality Improvement Committee.
8. Fulfill productivity requirements on an average daily census basis as determined by acuity level and Clinical Director or Designee determination.
9. Complete and maintain all patient records at patient’s residence, maintain chart and submit accurate and relevant clinical notes regarding patient’s condition and care given.
The Registered Nurse is a mentor who demonstrates an ability in providing educational experiences and communicating knowledge of patient care to members of the Interdisciplinary Team including, but not limited to: volunteers, patient and families/caregivers, health care professionals, and the general community.
A. Act as a mentor who facilitates individual staff development from novice to expert. Participate in the orientation of new personnel and assists with field training as needed.
B. Identify the learning needs of the Hospice staff and other health care professionals, and facilitates formal and informal in-services, and patient care conferences to promote professional growth of all Interdisciplinary team members.
C. Teach patient/family/caregiver disease process and self-care techniques as appropriate. Provide medication, diet and other instructions as ordered by physician and recognize and utilize opportunities for health counseling with patients/families/caregivers.
D. Facilitate the development of teaching aids to promote patient/family/caregiver learning.E. Evaluate effectiveness of educational experiences in order to promote ongoing professional development of hospice staff and quality patient/family/caregiver outcomes.
The Registered Nurse provides leadership and support to encourage optimum development and performance of each hospice staff member and provides an atmosphere that is compatible with team building. Collaborates with the Clinical Director or Designee and Administrator or Designee to implement manpower and operational budgets, supervision, evaluation and counseling of hospice staff, development and implementation of the company’s goals and objectives.
A. Manpower 1. Coordinates staffing assignments and scheduling of visits.2. Visit frequencies are according to individual patient needs and acuity.3. Visit frequencies are reviewed weekly and altered to meet patient needs and acuity.4. Patient care visit frequencies are developed with the purpose of providing continuity of care through use of the Interdisciplinary Hospice Team.5. Patient Care visits will be coordinated with all Interdisciplinary Team members in order to utilize manpower resources and provide optimal patient care.6. Participates in evening/weekend call as required, conducting on-call services in a clinically competent and responsive manner.7. Regular attendance is to be maintained.
1. Ensures adequate and appropriate inventory of supplies and equipment for the provision of patient services and that equipment and supplies are used efficiently.
2. Collaborates with Clinical Director or Designee and Administrator or Desingee in the development of operational budget.
C. Personnel 1. Assist in development of individualized plans, which address performance deficiencies.2. Provides timely supervision and counseling of staff, which is constructive and encourages growth.3. Strengthens problem solving ability of staff through periodic review of patient outcomes and facilitates implementation of peer review.4. Maintains confidentiality in matters relating to co-workers.
1. Demonstrates behavior appropriate to role model and leader. Adherence to a code of conduct conducive with Vitality Hospice policy is expected.
2. Demonstrates creativity and critical thinking ability in the development of patient care plans, or projects.
3. Assumes leadership role to facilitate interdisciplinary coordination and collaboration.4. Functions without supervision, utilizing time constructively and organizing assignments for maximum productivity.5. Functions as a change agent, facilitating change by utilizing a constructive approach.6. Collaborates with the Interdisciplinary Team and Clinical Director or Designee and
Administrator or Deisngee to develop agency goals and objectives.7. Participates in agency planning activities.
1. Identifies self and clarifies role to patient/family/caregiver, physicians, nursing facility staff and other referral sources.
2. Recognizes and responds appropriately to verbal and non-verbal cues.3. Communicates effectively with all members of the Interdisciplinary Team by: a. Defending and supporting peer/team decisions and actions. b. Asserting self with tact. c. Supporting collaboration. d. Maintaining open communication. e. Offering suggestions and criticisms constructively. f. Asking questions and sharing information during Interdisciplinary team conferences and nursing facility care conferences. g. Maintain confidentiality in all areas.
4. Relates complete and pertinent information in verbal and written communication. Maintains clinical records, statistics, reports as prescribed and in compliance with local, state and federal laws
5. Initiates and maintains open and effective communication with Clinical Director or Designee and Administrator or Designee as well as members of the Interdisciplinary Team as evidenced by improved patient outcomes.
F. Quality Improvement 1. Facilitates the quality improvement process.2. Facilitates active, ongoing problem solving, which reflects Interdisciplinary Team participation.3. Pursues problems to resolution, and /or refers them through the appropriate chain of command.4. Assumes responsibility for personal growth and maintain and upgrade professional knowledge and practice skills through attendance and participation in continuing education and in-service classes.
5. Assures for compliance with local, state, and federal laws, Medicare regulation, and established personnel policies and procedures.
6. Maintains all appropriate state nursing licensing requirements.
G. Other1. Work within the scope of the position, in coordination with management, to meet the needs of our patients, families and professional colleagues.2. Adherence to a code of conduct conducive with Vitality policy is expected.3. Meet or exceed delivery of Company Service Standards in a consistent fashion.4. Interact with all staff in a positive and motivational fashion supporting the Company’s mission.5. Conduct all business activities in a professional and ethical manner.6. Create and maintain a professional atmosphere that is also a fun place to work.
The above statements are intended to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents will be requested to perform job- related tasks other than those stated in this description.
General office, extended care facility, patient home setting, exposure to infectious diseases, and travel by automobile.
Requires physical exertion. Duties of patient care during transfer activities (adjusting the patient in bed, transferring the patient from bed to wheelchair or vice versa, and chair to toilet, etc.) require that the employee have the physical ability to maneuver patients according to the care required. Additional physical abilities required during these activities will vary according to the level of patient cooperativeness, patient weight, available space and available equipment. Regularly required to use hands, talk or hear. Specific vision abilities include close, peripheral, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Must be able to travel to businesses, offices, or patient homes or where conditions may be adverse due to weather, environment, or patients’ lifestyles.
Job Type: Full-time
Flexible spending account
Paid time off
Hospice & Palliative Medicine
8 hour shift
Monday to Friday
COVID-19 considerations:PPE, covid vaccine requirement and booster
Nursing: 1 year (Preferred)
Case management: 1 year (Preferred)
Willingness to travel:
Work Location: On the road
Disclaimer : all data is sourced from indeed and we are not responsible for any error