Hi, are you looking for Payroll Specialist jobs in Spanaway, WA ?
we got a perfect job opening for you !
Company name : Bethel School District
Location : Spanaway, WA
Position : Payroll Specialist
EDUCATIONAL SERVICE CENTER (ESC)
THIS POSITION IS FOR 8 HOURS PER DAY AT 260 DAYS PER YEAR.
PAY FOR POSITION: PSE Salary Schedule Level 10 – $27.85
Per Governor Inslee’s proclamation, as a condition of employment/upon hire, all employees must be fully vaccinated or request and be approved for a medical/religious exemption/accommodation.
If you are a current employee please apply through the “Internal” link found at the top of this page (this does not include substitutes).
GENERAL SUMMARY This position’s responsibilities are to process payroll for the district, including inputting time sheets and employee status sheets for requested changes, processing payroll deductions, tracking employee leave records and providing a variety of payroll records and reports.
Depending upon the individual assignment, the Payroll Specialist may perform all or a combination of the following:
1. Receives, verifies, and edits computer generated time sheets for each location; verifies availability of each person’s indicated leave pursuant to district rules and employee contracts; calls schools and departments on questions or discrepancies; ensures proper documentation; calculates differences in pay as needed.
2. Inputs payroll data; runs payroll and subsidiary journals; reconciles time sheets to journal, making corrections as required.
3. Corrects and edits payroll computations; orders preliminary and final payroll in order to meet established deadlines.
4. Changes and maintains payroll tables in the computer system to dictate proper payroll calculations for deductions, vendor payments, direct deposits, sick and vacation leaves; applies district union contracts, medical premiums, federal tax rate changes, state retirement rate changes and other changes affecting payroll/personnel tables.
5. Calculates and inputs substitute teacher pay; verifies input reports; compiles and maintains substitute pay reports in dollars and hours as required by state retirement reporting.
6. Reconciles billings to current enrollments for vendors such as tax sheltered annuities, insurance vendors, credit unions, union dues, savings bonds, United Way donations, district scholarship fund and professional dues; checks enrollment rosters and processes changes in enrollments; balances checks to billing statements.
7. Develops and runs a variety of computerized reports on the payroll system for analysis and auditing needs.
8. Processes individual time sheets, classified substitute time sheets and others working additional hours in various programs; verifies data and researches discrepancies; inputs data, runs journal and verifies accuracy.
9. Monitors medical benefits for past employees choosing to continue benefits under federal COBRA plan; distributes a variety of information such as medical premiums and changes in COBRA regulations to COBRA participants.
10. Processes quarterly and year end tax reports, including employee W-2 wage and tax statements, and verifying accuracy.
11. Performs verification of employment as requested; retrieves information and answers questions; may type and mail responses.
12. Answers a wide variety of employee inquiries in person and by phone, concerning all aspects of paychecks, medical coverage, deductions, retirements and other payroll related concerns; researches problems; explains payroll processes and procedures; provides positive customer service.
13. Writes a variety of payroll reports for supervisors and insurance brokers; extracts requested data.
14. Processes beginning of the year payroll by rolling forward employee contracts with new dates and annual dollars, updating calendar days for holidays, work and non-work days, and rolling over a variety of leaves; makes changes in system according to union contract changes. Maintains current knowledge of rules, regulations, legislation, technology, and procedures governing payroll. Ensures compliance with regulators, personnel policies, and negotiated agreements; develops and recommends new procedures; learns new skills as required.
15. Updates employee records for information to be included on W-2 tax processing.
16. Prepares checks and direct deposit receipts for distribution; verifies distribution list; prepares for courier delivery or mailing of checks as appropriate.
17. Maintains a variety of payroll files as appropriate.
18. Prepares a variety of payroll reports and journal vouchers as appropriate.
19. Prepares and deposits timely and accurate tax deposits to the bank.
20. Monitors Time-Responsibility-Incentive (TRI) contracts for certificated staff, verifying accuracy of required taxes as related to tuition payments for employees.
21. Performs a variety of computer input such as vendor credits, journal entries and other data.
22. Posts the payroll to the chart of accounts, verifying accuracy.
23. Produces manual checks as necessary.
24. Processes additional payroll during the month as necessary.
25. Verifies accuracy of a wide variety of payroll related information.
26. May serve on various district committees and/or departmental work teams. Models appropriate and cooperative behavior, including protecting confidential information, consistent with district ethical guidelines.
27. Assists in the coordination of all employee benefits.
28. Performs related duties consistent with the scope and intent of the position.
29. Maintains confidentiality according to regulations and district policy.
Reports to the Manager of Payroll Services.
Required to meet strict payroll reporting deadlines; requires concentration; exposed to frequent interruptions; may deal with distraught or difficult individuals.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS Exposed to visual display terminal for prolonged periods; required to sit for prolonged periods; regularly required to lift, move or carry printouts weighing more than twenty (20) pounds.
Education and Experience
Associate’s degree in accounting or related field or two (2) years of equivalent experience in accounting or payroll processing. WESPac experience preferred.
Such alternatives to the above qualifications that the district may find appropriate and acceptable. Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Skill in oral and written communication. Skill in 10-key operation. Data entry skills. Keyboarding skills. Skill in performing accurate arithmetic calculations. Knowledge of basic bookkeeping procedures. Ability to maintain confidentiality. Skill in operation of a computer and ability to learn the operation of various software programs. Skill in maintaining accurate records. Skill in solving problems. Skill in verifying data accuracy. Ability to reconcile reports. Customer service skills. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with district staff and vendors.
Requires fingerprinting and background check to determine that there have been no convictions involving physical molestation, abuse, injury or neglect of a minor. Must complete training in and adhere to district infection control plan.
The preceding list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary.
UNIT AFFILIATION Secretarial/Clerical
Disclaimer : all data is sourced from indeed and we are not responsible for any error